Birthday Party Guidelines
The birthday party host family is responsible for set-up and clean-up, as well as the half hour following the naturalist-led program.
- Participants will arrive during the first 15 minutes while the host family sets up and depart during the last 15 minutes while the host family cleans up.
- The naturalist-led portion will run from 9:30 until 10:30 or 12:00 until 1:00.
- Birthday parties are geared toward children ages 4-10. Party themes are tailored for all ages.
- All birthday party participants must be at least three years old.
- One responsible adult chaperone is required for every 8 children participating in the birthday party.
- Fees are for parties with up to 14 children.
- Siblings and relatives participating in the party will be counted towards the maximum number of participants.
- The maximum number of children participating in the party is 18 children.There will be a $15 charge per child for each additional child over the 14 included in the party fee, up to a maximum of 18 children. You may pay for additional children at the time of purchase or prior to the party. If the fee has not been paid we will charge the credit card you used to register unless you indicate otherwise.
- The maximum number of attendees for nature birthday parties is 25 people; this includes participants, siblings, and adults. Due to the safety of all participants, if the maximum number is exceeded attendees will be asked to leave until the maximum number is reached.
- Because of their negative impact on our environment, balloons are not allowed on the sanctuary.
- Due to the high usage of the Edwin Way Teale Learning Center, we appreciate you and your guests’ cooperation in leaving the site by the designated end time. Please be aware that there is a $25 charge per 15 minutes over the contracted end time.